REGULATIONS FOR ONE YEAR POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN FRENCH LAW
NON – SEMESTER PATTERN
WITH EFFECT FROM 2020 – 2021
I. Eligibility for Admission:
1. In order to be eligible for admission into the One year Post Graduate Diploma in French Law an applicant should have successfully completed LL.B./B.A.LL.B. or equivalent recognized by the Pondicherry University.
2. Further, the candidates applying for admission to this course should have secured 45% of marks in the qualifying examination.
3. The upper age limit- As decided by the Government of Pondicherry in consultation with Pondicherry University from time to time.
II. Admission procedure:
The admission to the above courses shall be made following such procedure as may be prescribed by the Government of Puducherry from time to time.
The rule of reservation set in force by the Government of Puducherry shall be followed.
1. The course of Post Graduate Diploma in French Law shall be of one year duration. No student admitted to this course will be eligible for award of Post Graduate Diploma in French Law unless he or she successfully completes the one year course.
2. The Pondicherry University to which the college is affiliated holds examination at the end of the year and a student will be permitted to appear for the said examinations only if he/ she satisfies the following:
(i) He/she secures not less than 75% of overall attendance arrived at by taking into account the total number of periods engaged in all subjects put together offered by the institution.
(ii) He/she earns a progress certificate from the Head of the Institution for having satisfactorily completed the course of study in all subjects of the semester concerned.
(iii) His/ her conduct is found to be satisfactory as certified by the head of the institution, and
3. A student appearing for the semester examination will be declared successful only if he or she obtains not less than 50% of the marks in each of the subjects appeared. All other students shall be deemed to have failed in the examination. However, where a student who is not declared successful in the whole examination of a semester but obtains not less than 50 % in any paper of the concerned semester examination, will be exempted from re-examination in the said paper.
4. Candidates who join this Course should pass all the papers prescribed for the course within the time frame prescribed by the Pondicherry University.
5. Scheme of the Examination in all Theory Papers:
The scheme of examination for the Theory Papers shall be an end of year exam for 100 and the minimum pass marks for a paper is 50 out of 100.
Note: (i) Maximum duration of the course and number of attempts: Candidates who join the Post Graduate Diploma in French Law course should pass all the papers prescribed for the course within the following time frame prescribed by the Pondicherry University. The duration of the course is 1 year and thereafter two years’ time period is available to successfully complete the course, making it maximum of three years only.
(ii) At the end of the year, Post Graduate Diploma in French Law will be awarded, provided the student has passed all the papers prescribed.